Archives

Transfer ALERT! Inter Milan put £17.5m price tag on Chelsea and Liverpool target

first_img Geoffrey Kondogbia 1 Inter Milan have told Chelsea and Liverpool they can have Geoffrey Kondogbia if they cough up £17.5million.The midfielder fell out of favour under Frank de Boer earlier this season and the arrival of new boss Stefano Pioli has done little to change that.As a result the France international is expected to leave in January, even though he has previously stated his desire to fight for his place.Chelsea and Liverpool are reportedly interest in Kondogbia and, according to Gazzetta dello Sport, the can sign him in January for £17.5m.Marseille are another club looking at the 23-year-old as they prepare for a busy January transfer window.Inter have also not ruled out the possibility of loaning Kondogbia out, but they would prefer to sanction a permanent move.last_img

0COMMENTS

Australia’s Victoria set to get long-awaited second international airport

first_imgThe Australian state of Victoria is getting a second international airport after AirAsia X Malaysia announced it would move its services from Melbourne Airport to a regional facility at Avalon later this year.The deal will see AirAsia X Malaysia fly more than 500,000 seats to and from Avalon, about 50kms from Melbourne, and its home base in Kuala Lumpur.It will operate twice daily flights from the airport, which currently hosts a handful of domestic services by Qantas low-cost offshoot Jetstar and is near the regional city of Geelong.  Avalon is also the site of  the Australian International Airshow every two years.The deal is the realization of a long-held international ambition at Avalon, which was bought by the Linfox Group in 1997. It comes after previously flagged agreements with HNA Group and the Philippines government failed to produce resultsThe AirAsia service is the subject of a 10-year agreement that Avalon Airport chief executive Justin Giddings said was structured to accommodate the carrier’s growth.“It is the first such deal in Australia,and provides a unique low-cost opportunity for people and businesses to access over 130 destinations throughout Asia,’’ he said.“Avalon Airport is easily accessible from Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat and surrounds. Low-cost flights combined with an easy airport experience makes for the perfect partnership.”Those attending the announcement on Sunday included Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop, AirAsia Group chief executive Tony Fernandes, Linfox founder Lindsay Fox, AirAsia X Malaysia chief executive Benyamin Ismail as well as Victorian government and airport officials.“This is an exciting milestone for AirAsia X,’’ Fernandes said in a statement.“Since our inaugural flight in 2007, AirAsia X has flown over 30 million guests, including 6.1 million Australians – tourists wanting to experience amazing Australia, students from across the globe and Australians who wish to see the world.”Read: Our ratings for AirAsia X.Victorian Employment  Minister Ben Carroll said terminal construction would create  an additional 33 jobs and new facilities would be capable of exporting 14 tonnes of Victorian fresh produce daily.The freight aspect was a particularly exciting development, according to Linfox Airports executive chairman David Fox.“We have received great interest from exporters in the region and this now provides the perfect platform for fresh food access to Asia,” he said.In recent years, the AirAsia Group has attracted significant Australian media attention after a number of incidents involving its aircraft.last_img read more

0COMMENTS

Dhoni reflects on Mumbai test

0COMMENTS

Solskjaer: Molde told me not to come back!

first_imgManchester United interim manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has revealed that Molde told him they hope he does so well at Old Trafford that he won’t return to the Norwegian club.Solskjaer, a fans’ favourite at United from his playing days, was drafted in to fill the void left by Jose Mourinho when the Special One was sacked in December .His spell has since proved a runaway success, with a string of impressive victories propelling the club back into contention for Champions League qualification. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Man Utd ready to spend big on Sancho and Haaland in January Who is Marcus Thuram? Lilian’s son who is top of the Bundesliga with Borussia Monchengladbach Brazil, beware! Messi and Argentina out for revenge after Copa controversy Best player in MLS? Zlatan wasn’t even the best player in LA! Molde agreed to loan out their manager for the second half of the 2018-19 season, but Solskjaer joked that the club would like to see him stay longer in Manchester.“When I rang the owner and said that United had called and that he always knew that this had been my dream, he said: ‘Go over, enjoy yourself – and please don’t come back!’“Both owners wished me all the best because they knew this is something I dreamed about,” he explained to reporters.“To get the backing from them was fantastic. If I go back to Molde, I will do my best for them – but it depends when I go back.“It’s been fantastic so far. Hopefully I will get to see my family soon, because that has been the only downside to the job.”Solskjaer saw a club-record run of eight consecutive wins after taking over curtailed midweek by a 2-2 draw to Burnley, although he remains unbeaten in the United hot seat.And having declined to pursue any transfer targets in the January window, the Reds are back in action on Sunday when they visit Leicester City.On being consulted by the club on potential transfer activity Solskjaer opined: “I think it’s quite natural that whoever is in charge and whoever is involved with the players already here has a voice in that.“I have got to know the players, what potential they have, how far away they are from reaching that potential, and who we can build a team on. So of course I put my views into the club.“It was just about coming in to work with the players and I knew that if the club had targets for the transfer window, they would have discussed them with me.” Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.last_img read more

0COMMENTS

Vine: Kansas State Star Receiver Tyler Lockett Made A Defender Look Silly During Senior Bowl Practice

first_imgGeneral view of Wagner Field.30 Oct 1999: A general view of the cloudly sky and the packed stadium taken during the game between the Kansas State Wildcats and the Baylor Bears at Wagner Field in Manhattan, Kansas. The Wildcats defeated the Bears 48-7. Mandatory Credit: Elsa Hasch /AllsportThis year’s NFL Draft features a number of standout wide receivers, including Kansas State star Tyler Lockett. The Wildcat star caught 106 passes for 1,515 yards and 11 touchdowns this season, and is showing off some of the skills that led to that remarkable season during Senior Bowl practices this week. Northwestern State cornerback Imoan Claiborne got the worst of it during today’s practice. CBS Sports projects Lockett as a second or third rounder. He can certainly help himself with a big week in Mobile in front of the many scouts at this week’s Senior Bowl.[@JoeGoodberry]last_img read more

0COMMENTS

Volleyball Buckeyes drop fiveset heartbreaker to Wisconsin in NCAA regional semifinal

Sophomore setter Taylor Hughes (6) sets the ball during a match with Wisconsin on Nov. 2 at St. John Arena. She had 45 assists and 11 kills on Friday. Credit: Jenna Leinasars | Assistant News DirectorA 2-1 set lead wasn’t enough for the Ohio State Buckeyes to withstand a comeback from No. 3 Wisconsin in the NCAA tournament Sweet 16. OSU dropped the final two sets to lose 3-2 in the regional semifinal. Wisconsin freshman outside hitter Molly Hagerty and senior setter Lauren Carlini sent the Buckeyes home with their third five-set loss in the Sweet 16 in three consecutive seasons. Hagerty ended with 22 kills and Carlini totaled 62 assists.Junior outside hitter Luisa Schrimer led the Buckeye effort with a double-double, 19 kills and 18 digs. Senior middle blocker Taylor Sandbothe also posted 13 kills. The momentum was with the Badgers from the first serve of the set. A poor starting performance put the Buckeyes out of system, and the team was quickly down 6-1. OSU found themselves trying to climb out of the hole throughout the opening set. Even after showing signs of life near the set’s conclusion, the Buckeyes were still down by a ten-plus point deficit. OSU ended the set hitting negative-0.026 as a team. The Buckeyes came out in the second set with a much more commanding presence. They held onto a steady lead into the set, forcing Wisconsin to take its first timeout at 13-8 after a sneaky setter dump by sophomore Taylor Hughes. Wisconsin creeped back into contention at 23-21, and the home Badger crowd erupted. Sophomore outside hitter Audra Appold wrangled in a kill for the first Buckeye set point, followed by an error by the Badgers for the OSU set win. The strength of the Big Ten conference was evident to start the third set, as both teams went point-for-point to gain the set advantage. A crucial four-point run by the Buckeyes put them up 14-9 before a Badger stop. Wisconsin’s Tionna Williams guided the team on their own run, and the Badgers quickly took back the lead. The tension in University Fieldhouse grew as the final points of the set dropped. Badger fans were on their feet as the score was tied at 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29. Finally, a Wisconsin service error followed by a block by Hughes ended the set and put the Buckeyes up 2-1. OSU had control of both sides of the ball as they increased an opening fourth-set lead over the Badgers, 12-8. Wisconsin’s composure was tested when two balls that went in OSU’s favor steadily increased the Buckeyes’ lead. The Badgers quickly battled back with a six-point run to seat the Buckeyes on an edge. Wisconsin prevailed and yet another five-set match ensued for OSU. Wisconsin’s Haleigh Nelson gave the Badgers a two-point advantage (5-3) to start the fifth and final set. At the mid-set side change, Wisconsin led OSU by only one point. The Badgers earned the first set point from an OSU service error and Nelson secured the final point for her team to advance to the regional final against the winner of Florida State and No. 6 Stanford. The Buckeyes finished 22-13 on the year. read more

0COMMENTS

Emery expects SmithRowe to meek debut

first_imgArsenal manager Unai Emery has revealed that the club’s teenage youngster Emile Smith-Rowe to make his competitive debut on Thursday.The academy product of Arsenal impressed while on preseason with the club’s first team and his manager insists he will play the UEFA Europa League tie against FC Vorskla on Thursday night.Smith-Rowe is yet to feature for the first team in the Premier League so far this campaign but a good display in the Europa League could a long way to change that.Meanwhile, Emery refused to confirm if summer signing Lucas Torreira will make his full debut for the Gunners tomorrow.The Uruguay international joined the club from Italian side Sampdoria this summer after impressing at the World Cup but is yet to start a game, coming off the bench on all five occasions in the league so far.kanu, arsenal'Report: Kanu makes bold claim about Pepe George Patchias – September 13, 2019 Former Arsenal superstar Kanu claims the Premier League teams fear Nicolas Pepe.The Ivory Coast international Pepe, made an 80 million Euro move to Arsenal…“I can give you [the goalkeeping] position for tomorrow with Leno, but other players I prefer to first say to the players officially that they are in the first XI. And we will do that tomorrow [Thursday] morning,” Emery said, according to ESPN.“We are going to change some players because we need to give some players minutes.”“But thinking [also] about our performance and our progress with the players. We are going to change and also in the 18 players there is two young players. But tomorrow we are going to give them the first XI.”The ex-Sevilla manager also revealed that Stephan Lichsteiner will make his first start for the club on Thursday as well.The Switzerland captain joined the Gunners on a free this summer from Juventus and made his debut as a substitute in their opening weekend Premier League loss to champions Manchester City, replacing Aisley Maitland-Niles who suffered an injury setback in the game.last_img read more

0COMMENTS

Hughton reveals he is excited about facing Warnock

first_imgBrighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton reveals he is looking forward to crossing paths with Neil Warnock when the Seagulls travel to the Cardiff City Stadium this afternoon.The former Newcastle United manager takes his side to Wales in 12th position in the Premier League after three wins from three in October, and Hughton was keen to repay the positive comments made by Warnock.He said, according to the club’s official website:“It’s always nice to hear people say good things about you, but it’s also very difficult in this profession to be nice all the time because you always have to make tough decisions that you hope can lead to success.”BRIGHTON, ENGLAND - MAY 12: Chris Hughton, Manager of Brighton and Hove Albion looks on prior to the Premier League match between Brighton & Hove Albion and Manchester City at American Express Community Stadium on May 12, 2019 in Brighton, United Kingdom. (Photo by Mike Hewitt/Getty Images)Hughton’s first words after being sacked Manuel R. Medina – May 22, 2019 The former Brighton and Hove Albion manager says he was “hugely disappointed and surprised” when he was fired from the club.“For us, success is about keeping the team in the Premier League and building from there, so it’s impossible to do all of those things and be nice all the time – what you try to do is try to approach the game within your personality.”“What I do look forward to is seeing Neil – he’s somebody I know very well, and we’ve crossed paths on many occasions both on and off the pitch.”“He’s a manager who I have great respect for, and he has a wonderful track record – he’s brought a team into this division and continues to do a very good job there – it makes Saturday very tough for that reason.”last_img read more

0COMMENTS

Alaska Lawmakers Weigh Gun Protective Orders

first_imgTwo months before the shooting, authorities have said, Santiago went to the FBI office in Anchorage and made disjointed comments about mind control before being taken in for a mental health evaluation. The gun he had in his vehicle when he went to the FBI office was later returned to him. The bill was introduced in 2017 after an Anchorage man, Esteban Santiago, was accused of killing five people and injuring six in a shooting at a Florida airport. “This is something that’s really struck a chord with people and there’s a real demand for action,” she said. Santiago was previously charged in a domestic violence case. “And the only sense of relief I have is that, in the end, he only took his own life and no one else’s,” she said. Under the measure, when an order is issued, the person would have to surrender any guns and ammunition they have or sell them to a gun dealer. Surrendered items would be returned once an order expires. Tarr said Wednesday that she had been mulling the bill as a way to address public safety concerns in neighborhoods she represents. Tarr, in an interview, said it is “a new day on these issues,” adding that in her 20 years in Alaska, she has not seen students hold walk-outs in the numbers they have across Alaska to honor those who died in the Florida school shooting or call for action in response to the violence. Claman sees the bill as a modest but smart first step and a good place to start a conversation on gun violence. The bill would let immediate family members or police seek protective orders against those believed to be a danger to themselves or others by having access to a gun. Depending on the type of order, a person could be barred from having or attempting to buy a gun or ammunition from three days to as long as six months, though it could be dissolved earlier.center_img The bill’s sponsor, Rep. Geran Tarr, a fellow Anchorage Democrat, said she thought her office had submitted a request last year but is glad the measure is being heard. Five states currently have laws allowing for gun violence protection orders, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures. Committee Chairman Matt Claman said formal requests must be made for a bill to be heard, and he doesn’t think one was made until after the shooting. She also said the matter is personal for her, explaining she had a brother who died by suicide after being in “serious crisis” for about two years. He had interactions with police and spoke about committing “violent acts,” Tarr said. She said she didn’t have good tools to deal with that. “You can literally take this bill and take the shooter in Florida and say, ‘Would this have made a difference?’ And I think you can say that this bill could have made a difference in that situation,” Claman said in an interview. “A police officer could have gone to the court and said, ‘We’re worried about this guy, and we think he has guns.’” Facebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享JUNEAU, Alaska (AP) — The recent deadly shooting at a Florida high school prompted Alaska lawmakers to review a bill that would let authorities temporarily take guns from people deemed to be a danger to themselves or others. While the bill has been pending for more than a year, it got its first hearing before the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday, receiving strong support during a public comment period. Response among committee members was mixed. The Alaska Legislature is roughly halfway through its scheduled 90-day session. If a bill passes the House, it still would face scrutiny in the more conservative Senate.last_img read more

0COMMENTS

Kenai To Continue Summer Ice Activities

first_imgFacebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Kenai City Council unanimously approved the contract for Red Line Sports to provide summer ice activities at the Kenai Multi-Purpose Facility during the months of May through September in exchange for payment of utilities, Zamboni rental and public skates benefiting the local community. The City of Kenai has been contracting to provide summer ice at the Kenai Multi-Purpose Facility during the months of May through September. However, the city’s three year contract to maintain the facility and perform management and administrative services for summer ice ended September 30, 2018. The city in exchange for the payment of utilities the contractor maintains the facility and independently runs certain services including youth camps, tournaments and public skates benefiting the local community. Kenai City Manager Paul Ostrander in a letter to the council, the City advertised and solicited other potential interest for managing the facility for summer ice activities. Red Line Sports was the only response to the solicitation for management services. The Kenai City Council approved the resolution at their meeting on Wednesday to award the contract to Red Line Sports in order to continue the summer program.last_img read more

0COMMENTS