Three tries from Lewis Holland set Australia on their way to victory with Collins Injera touching down for the Kenyan consolation in a game Friday’s charges looked deflated in their last act at Vegas.“We haven’t finished right at the bottom, but it has been disappointing for us. But we have had an encouraging win against Kenya. “It is a funny competition; England and Kenya were finalists last week and are down the bottom this week. We were fifth last week and we find ourselves down the bottom as well. It just goes to show how competitive this competition is,” Mic O’Connor, the Australian coach said after the win.In the Bowl quarters, a last gasp Willy Ambaka try was not enough to force the issue against the French who were inspired to victory by Terry Bouhraoua who scored a try and landed three conversions.The team returns to the country on Tuesday from their latest leg of the IRB World Sevens tour with the familiar feeling of blowing hot and cold following their heroics in New Zealand a week earlier.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000NAIROBI, Kenya, February 10- Kenya’s listless run at the Las Vegas Sevens came to an inglorious conclusion when the team lost 38-7 to Australia in the Shield semi finals to exit USA with no points on the board.After the high of making the final of the Wellington Sevens a week before Mike Friday’s charges surrendered to France 21-17 earlier in the Bowl quarters after losing two Group B matches to South Africa and Canada to end their interest in the Main Cup.
0Shares0000NAIROBI, Kenya November 30 – Kenya’s national 7s team marched their way into the quarters of the Dubai 7s round of the IRB series on Friday after sealing two wins out of three in the Pool A fixtures.They lost their final match of the group to titans Fiji 10-14. A try and conversion from Joji Baleviani Raqamate gave Fiji a 7-0 by half time lead with Isikeli Tuiwainunu adding Fiji’s second try with Baleviani converting to take a 14-5 lead. Dennis Ombachi touched down in the final minutes of the match, though the conversion by Lavin Asego missed didi not come through.Kenya earlier in the day defeated Scotland and Spain respectively.The Result gave Kenya six points from three matches in their pool. Earlier Collins Injera and Sidney Ashioya gave Kenya its second win after beating Spain 10-7.In their opening match of the day they beat Scotland 12-5.Kenya will face Canada tomorrow in the main cup quarter final.Other results, Spain finished third in group A after beating Scotland 12- behind Kenya and Fiji.SELECTED RESULTS-Wales 22-05 RussiaEngland 21-22 PortugalCanada 26 – 07 USAFrance 7-0 Australia0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – B.C. Hydro crews are unable to restore power to the Old Fort.The power went out to approximately 57 properties at around 6 p.m. Saturday. A crew was on scene working to restore power to the community but the crew had to be removed to due to the landslide.In a post late Saturday night on the PRRD website, the Regional District says a geologist hired by the PRRD order Hydro crews to evacuate the area until it was safe. At this time, it’s unknown when power will be restored.- Advertisement -The crew was working in an area that is now under an evacuation order.Here is the message posted by the Peace River Regional District as of 9:53 p.m. Saturday.Earlier this evening the BC Hydro crews were responding to the power outage at the Old Fort, The Engineering Geologist hired by the PRRD was in the area, and told the crew that the site was too dangerous. The crew had to leave the site before repairs could be completed. Hydro will be unable to restore power until they get the OK to go back into the site which is now under an evacuation order.Advertisement
A 5km Fun Run and Walk will take place in Gweedore this Friday 7th September. Registration from 5.30pm at Gweedore Celtics grounds, An Screaban, Industrial Estate, Derrybeg.Race starts at 7pm sharp. All proceeds in aid of Gweedore Celtic Youth Academy. All ages welcome. Entry €5 per person, or enter a team of 5 for €20, spot prizes. GWEEDORE 5K FUN RUN/WALK TAKES PLACE THIS WEEKEND was last modified: September 3rd, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Sun Valley Area Neighborhood Council, 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the assembly room at Villa Scalabrini Retirement Center, 10631 Valencia St., Sun Valley. Call (818) 767-6766. Mission Hills Neighborhood Council, 7 p.m. Tuesday in the auditorium at San Jose Street Elementary School, 14928 Clymer St., Mission Hills. Call (818) 892-2414 or see www.mhnc.org. Chatsworth Neighborhood Council, 6 p.m. information session for board candidates followed by meeting, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Lawrence Middle School, 10100 Variel Ave., Chatsworth. Call (818) 464-3511 or see www.chatsworthcouncil.org. Woodland Hills-Warner Center Neighborhood Council, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday at Woodland Hills Academy (formerly Parkman Middle School), 20800 Burbank Blvd., Woodland Hills. Call (818) 713-8600 or see www.woodlandhillscouncil.org. Sunland-Tujunga Neighborhood Council, 7 p.m. Wednesday at Mount Gleason Middle School, 10965 Mount Gleason Ave., Sunland. Call (818) 951-7411 or see www.stnc.org. Sherman Oaks Neighborhood Council will hold elections for areas 1, 3, 5 and 7, 4-8 p.m. today at Sherman Oaks Elementary School, 14755 Greenleaf St., Sherman Oaks. Call (818) 503-2399 or see www.shermanoaksnc.org. Greater Valley Glen Council, 7 p.m. today in the faculty cafeteria at Los Angeles Valley College, 5800 Fulton Ave., Valley Glen. Call (818) 772-4842 or see www.GVGC.us. North Hills East Neighborhood Council (forming), 7 p.m. today in the second-floor meeting room at Galpin Ford, 15555 Roscoe Blvd., North Hills. Call (818) 891-0060. Porter Ranch Neighborhood Council, 6 p.m. Tuesday in Room 201-202 at Shepherd of the Hills Church, 19700 Rinaldi St., Porter Ranch. Call (818) 718-9498 or see www.prnc.org. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREThe joys and headaches of holiday travel: John Phillips Van Nuys Neighborhood Council, 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room 1B at the Marvin Braude Community Service Center, 6262 Van Nuys Blvd., Van Nuys. Call (818) 787-2737. Sylmar Neighborhood Council, 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the auditorium at Hubbard Street Elementary School, 13325 Hubbard St., Sylmar. Call (818) 833-8737. Winnetka Neighborhood Council, 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Valley Village School, 20830 Sherman Way, Winnetka. Call (818) 648-6219. North Hollywood North East Neighborhood Council, 7 p.m. Thursday in the recreation room at Park Plaza Apartments, 6755 Rhodes Ave., North Hollywood. Call (818) 982-2174. Reseda Neighborhood Council, 7 p.m. Sept. 18 at Canoas Banquet Hall, use rear entrance, 18136 Sherman Way, Reseda. Call (818) 832-7540 or see www.resedacouncil.org. Arleta Neighborhood Council, 6:30 p.m. Sept. 19 in the auditorium at Beachy Elementary School, 9757 Beachy Ave., Arleta. Call (818) 896-5860. Pacoima Neighborhood Council, 6:30 p.m. Sept. 20 in the community room at the Pacoima Youth and Family Center, 11243 Glenoaks Blvd., Pacoima. Call (818) 590-4792. Northridge East Neighborhood Council, 7 p.m. Sept. 20 at Andasol Elementary School, 10126 Encino Ave., Northridge. Call (800) 772-9132. North Hills West Neighborhood Council, 7 p.m. Sept. 20 in Building 22 at the Sepulveda VA, 16111 Plummer St., North Hills. Call (818) 893-8613 or see www.northhillswest.org. Panorama City Neighborhood Council (forming), 6:30 p.m. Sept. 21 in the second-floor meeting room at Mission Community Hospital medical building, 14860 Roscoe Blvd., Panorama City. Call (818) 374-9895. Granada Hills North Neighborhood Council, 7 p.m. Sept. 25 at Van Gogh Elementary School, 17160 Van Gogh St., Granada Hills. Call (818) 360-4346 or see www.ghnnc.org.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Carlo Ancelotti is a free man after being sacked by Bayern Munich.The 58-year-old was dismissed by the Bavarian club’s hierarchy following their 3-0 defeat to Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League.And reports suggest the former Chelsea boss has his eye on a return to England and the Premier League.West Ham have previously tried to acquire the services of the experienced Italian and are likely to try their luck again, with Slaven Bilic’s future at the club far from certain.It is a prospect that has left Hammers fans dreaming of luring the Champions League winner to the London Stadium.talkSPORT takes a look at the best reactions from fans online… The 58-year-old is a free man after leaving Bayern Munich 1
UPDATED: TWO political parties today vowed to change the law – to protect Gardai in the wake of the killing of Garda Robbie McCallion.Fine Gael and Labour say they will look at new ways of protecting officers after teen hood Jamie McGrenaghan was cleared by a jury of Gda McCallion’s manslaughter.A judge in the case – following current laws – had told the jury before they retired to consider the verdict, that the fact Mr McCallion was a Garda officer had no bearing on the decision they were about to take. Today Fine Gael Justice spokesman Charlie Flanagan said he would look at changing the law to protect gardai on duty.“An Garda Siochana must enjoy a special status under any new law,” said Mr Flanagan.“Officers work on our behalf and must therefore be given special protection and a new law must reflect this.”Labour spokesman Pat Rabbitte agreed: “A Garda on duty must be given special protection and a special standing in the eyes of the law.”Yesterday we revealed that thug death driver who killed brave Garda Robbie McCallion had committed six burglaries just a month before the tragic incident.The incidents all happened between February 26th and February 27th, 2009 at a caravan park in Fanad during which he stole a number of items from different mobile homes including stereos and binoculars.However he was not prosecuted for those until after the trial ended yesterday.It is unclear today who took the decision to prosecute these crimes and when.This meant the jury could be told by his defence team in the manslaughter case that he had no previous convictions.Throughout the three day trial the jury was told how McGrenaghan had a clean record and that he was under the influence of his associate Cathal Dunleavy, who had 45 previous convictions.Jamie McGrenaghan, 19, from Kerrykeel, pleaded guilty to those burglary charges on Friday afternoon – but only AFTER he was cleared of the most serious offence.He will be sentenced for all those offences – and causing the death of Garda McCallion by dangerous driving – next week.Today a close colleague of the dead officer told donegaldaily.com: “Serious questions needs to be asked about this whole process, especially when so much was made of his so-called clear record during this trial.”A friend of the family told us: “They are just devastated. They know that death driving and killing someone carries the same sentence as manslaughter, but they believed McGrenaghan was guilty of the latter.“They are also furious that he (McGrenaghan) was able to claim innocence based on no previous convictions when it is clear to all of us that while he had not actually been convicted of previous crimes, he was nonetheless guilty of them.“And God knows what else he did.”A full report on the court case is on the news/courts area.Did you know McGrenaghan? What do you think of the jury not being told of his crimes prior to killing an innocent Garda? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.orgEndsUPDATED: GARDA McCALLION: ‘WE’LL CHANGE LAW TO PROTECT GARDAI’ VOW PARTIES was last modified: February 7th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
“But the chairman is a realist and I’m a realist as well. He will do everything he can to help me. The league has been tougher this year.”With #100,000 at stake for each place involving Saints, Motherwell and Ross County, Wright’s men looked determined to bounce back from their early setback, when McDonald headed home Zander Clark’s sliced clearance.Wright said: “It’s important for that but within the group it’s important for pride. We want to win as many games as possible. We want to sit down at the end of the season and look back and say we have managed to get fourth again.”St Johnstone have now won all three games since the split. Tommy Wright hopes a fourth place finish in the Scottish Premiership would boost St Johnstone’s budget for next season.The Perth club took a significant step towards achieving that objective with victory over Motherwell on Saturday.The victory gave Wright further hope of an increase in the cash available to him in the summer, after being promised more money by chairman Steve Brown.“Well, I’m hoping,” Wright said when asked if fourth place would have a direct impact on his budget. “The chairman has said it will get bigger but he’s been like Lord Lucan the last few weeks. I had a positive meeting with him and haven’t seen him since. Wright said: “After the split you are playing the top teams, and a team that’s in pretty good form in Motherwell, so to come here and win after an early setback…“We probably could have scored more goals, I thought we were the better team after we got back to 1-1. It was a superb performance. They have been superb all season but particularly after the split.”
The Scot had a spell as manager of Real Sociedad and said he would be open to any offers from Spain or from across the continent.“I think I’d be open to whatever’s right,” he said. “I played for Celtic. The best league to manage in is the English Premier League. “But I’ve got to say, if I got a chance to go back and work in Spain again or a chance to work in Germany or Italy I would take those opportunities as well.”Moyes said that whoever was appointed as the manager of the Scotland team would have a challenging job but expressed the opinion that facilities had to be improved to produce better players in the longer term. David Moyes has said he would favour a return to club management over international football but has stopped short of ruling out the Scotland job.The former Everton, Manchester United, Sunderland and West Ham boss has been out of work since the end of last season but has been linked with the vacant Scotland manager’s position as well as being the permanent successor to Brendan Rodgers at Celtic.He told a national radio station: “I prefer the day-to-day but can I see myself being a national manager? Of course.“But at the moment my first choice would be to go back into club management.” “Scotland is not an easy job and it hasn’t been an easy job for whoever has been in charge for quite a while now,” he said. “We just don’t seem to have got it quite right. “I look at how well England have done and the amount of good young players England have got. England have got an array of young talent, and I actually think that years and years ago when they got St George’s Park sorted and doing things the way they have done has been really good. “But for example I also look at Iceland and the population they have got, they have put in loads of indoor arenas and full-size pitches because they can’t play or train much in the winter, yet Scotland is much the same.”
Joan C. Clark, age 87 of Salem, Indiana passed away Friday, September 29, 2016 at 11:00 pm, in the Salem Crossing.Born January 5, 1929 in Jonesboro, Arkansas, she was the daughter of the late Everett Roberts and Minnie (Young) Roberts.She married August 22, 1947 to Joe R. Clark, who passed away April 15, 1994. Joan was a homemaker, a member of the First Christian Church Of Salem and had been a resident of Washington County since 1963, formerly of Indianapolis. She is survived by: 2 Sons: Ronnie (Vicki) Clark, of Salem and Jan (Cristy) Clark of Bloomington, Indiana. 2 grandchildren and 4 great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by 1 brother, Arkie Roberts and 1 sister, Emma Lou Crockett.The Funeral Service will be held at 11:00 am Monday at Dawalt Funeral Home with Bro. Paul Martin officiating.Visitation hours will be from 4 to 8 pm Sunday and after 10 am Monday at Dawalt Funeral Home.Interment and committal service will be at Crown Hill Cemetery. Memorial Contributions can be made to the Washington County Relay for Life C/O Jeanette Nolan 945 North Rush Creek Road Salem, Indiana 47167