Public Health Minister Dr George Norton has recommended, based on the report submitted to his office by the Nursing Council, that there should be no resitting of the nurses’ final examination, a health official disclosed.The report revealed no evidence that the examination should be rewritten, the official explained.Public Health Minister, Dr George NortonNurses who sat the Clinical and Functional examination in October were informed by the Principal Tutor of the Georgetown School of Nursing that nursing students may have to resit the examinations since it had been discovered that test papers may have been leaked before the examination was written.Nurses from the New Amsterdam School of Nursing were the first to react to the decision and protested that they will not resit the exam. Investigations are ongoing to identify the person(s) who may have been responsible for the leak of examination papers before the sitting and assessment of 250 nursing students on October 19 and 20, 2016.On Thursday Minister Norton stated that a particular officer, who was assigned to the case by the Minister through the Commissioner of Police, did not provide updates on the matter.The investigations will be directed to the General Nursing Council since examinations are prepared under their purview and persons responsible for the test papers’ compromise may be within that system. When guilty parties have been identified, they will be subjected to face the law.When the National Health Policy Committee of the Public Health Ministry met with the Chairman of the Nursing Council, the Director of the Division of Health Science Education and the Principal Tutor of the Georgetown Nursing School on November 14, nothing substantial came out of their meeting.Subsequently, the council was scheduled to meet on Friday last to arrive at a decision on the issue.According to the official, the minister has informed the council to go ahead and mark the papers.“The report in itself is damning and revealing… I must say the students have a strong point and so far they haven’t found anything to show that the papers were compromised,” the official said.
1 Napoli striker Gonzalo Higuain Liverpool target Gonzalo Higuain has not been in contact with the club regarding a possible to Anfield, according the player’s brother and agent.The former Real Madrid striker has been linked with a move to the Reds in January, but Nicolas Higuain revealed the 27-year-old is “not thinking” about leaving the Serie A club.Brendan Rodgers side have struggled in front of goal this season in the absence of Daniel Sturridge, with Mario Balotelli failing to record a Premier League goal since his summer switch from AC Milan – although the Anfield boss has ruled out selling the Italian in January.Speaking to Italian radio station Crc, Nicolas Higuain said: “First of all, I have not spoken to any club because they have not contacted me and secondly, it would be disrespectful to Napoli.“[Napoli president Aurelio] De Laurentiis is a great person, a man of honour and I couldn’t behave incorrectly.“We’re not thinking about leaving Napoli.“I’m confident that the team can finish third [in Serie A to qualify for the Champions League], then we’ll see about Gonzalo’s future.“I haven’t spoken with any team.“Gonzalo is calm, he has a contract with Napoli and he’s not planning to leave because he’s happy.”
1 Inter Milan midfielder Mateo Kovacic Liverpool have been told by Inter Milan that they must meet their £20m asking price for midfield target Mateo Kovacic.The Kop club want to bring the Croatian international to Merseyside and the Nerazzurri are prepared to cash in on one of their prized assets in order to raise funds of their own to spend this summer.According to Sportmediaset, Brendan Rodgers’ side have already had one bid knocked back for the talented midfielder and could plan a second offer this week.Liverpool lead the race to sign Kovacic and insiders have revealed the Reds can push through the deal once Inter’s valuation for the 21-year-old has been met.The former Dinamo Zagreb midfielder, who joined Inter in 2013 and scored eight goals in 44 appearances last season, is tipped as a like-for-like replacement for the outgoing Steven Gerrard.
Aston Villa look set to miss out on Turkish youth star Ogulcan Caglayan, with Olympiakos on the verge of completing a £1.25m move to land him 1 Aston Villa look set to miss out on Turkish youth star Ogulcan Caglayan, with Olympiakos on the verge of completing a £1.25m move to land him.According to Fanatik, the Greek giants have won the race for the the 19-year-old Kayseri Erciyesspor hotshot, who is also a Turkey youth international.The striker, who joined the club from Gaziantepspor in February, hit three goals in 11 games for the Super Lig side but could not prevent their relegation to the second tier.Erciyesspor president Ziya Eren revealed his club had already receieved two enquires about Caglayan, and Villa have been linked with a summer swoop for the youngster.But the Midlands club might have to look elsewhere with his switch to Olympiakos seemingly all but done.
1 Marc Muniesa [right] in action for Stoke City Stoke City defender Marc Muniesa has agreed personal terms with Real Betis, according to reports in Spain.The defender is ready to leave the Bet365 Stadium this month after making just five Premier League appearances all season.Real Betis are keen on signing the Spaniard and they have been in talks with Stoke since the transfer window opened.And as the two clubs continue to negotiate, according to Estadio Deportivo, Muniesa has already agreed personal terms with Betis.Now it is up to the Spanish club to agree a fee for the former Barcelona academy graduate, which has so far proved difficult.Stoke have dropped their asking price to £2.5m, but that is reportedly still too much for Betis to part with.Instead the Spanish side are hoping a loan deal, with an option to buy in the summer, can be struck.
Both Salem and Eastern will be having deja vu in their upcoming IHSAA Football sectionals because they will be playing the same teams they face this week in regular conference play.Eastern will be traveling to play at Crawford County this week. The Musketeers are 1-6 and the Wolfpack are 0-7.The Musketeers coach Luke Dean is 4-14 over the past two seasons. The Wolfpack coach Kevin Mills is 0-7 in his first year at the helm. Neither team has won a sectional in football.On Oct. 21, the two teams will face off for the first game of Class 2A Sectional 40 at Pekin in a 7p match. The winner of the first game will face the winner of the Forest Park and South Spencer match up.Salem (4-3) will host their final home game of the season against the Corydon Panthers this Friday at Paul A. Graves Athletic Field. The Panthers are 3-4 on the season.The Lions coach RJ Hartsfield is 16-21 over four seasons and the Panther’s coach Andrew Smith is 9-9 over the past two years.Salem last won its sectional in 1994. Corydon won the sectional and regional in 2011.The pair will meet up again on Oct. 21 in Harrison County for the first game of the Class 3A Sectional 31. The winner will advance to the next game against the winner of the Brown County vs. Brownstown game.West Washington will face Oldenburg Academy – which is just east of Greensburg, which was the host of the Senator’s 1993 Regional win.The Twisters are 0-7 under head coach Wes Gillman. The Catholic school is only in the fourth year of its program.The Senators close out their season against Indianapolis Washington (1-6) this week and the Salem Lions on Oct. 14.The Senators host their Class A Sectional 47 on Oct. 21. The winner will face the winner of Edinburg vs. North Decatur on Oct. 28.Information about ticket sales will be on wslmradio.com when they are released.
It didn’t take long for the shelves to empty out at Gray’s China Hall on Saturday.The historic business, located on King Street West in downtown Chatham, had recently closed but opened the doors so auction buyers could pick up their items.More than 700 antiques, dishware and animal figurines could be bid on through an online auction hosted by Storey’s Ltd.Amelia Farquharson, who owned the business and now resides in Toronto, said, “it’s time.”The business originally opened as The Ark in 1892 before it was sold to James Edgar Gray in the early 1900s.Gray’s China Hall moved to its final King Street location in 1930 and was passed down to two more generations.None of the items had a minimum bid since the building had to be vacated by Sunday.Farquharson said the response to the auction was “superb” and called Saturday an exciting day.“It all took place very, very quickly,” she said.Farquharson added she’s fortunate to have been a part of the Chatham community over the years and that the store was able to satisfy email@example.comTwitter.com/DailyNewsTT
This year alone, South African President Jacob Zuma has paid official visits to India, Russia, China and Brazil. Earlier in 2010 China became South Africa’s largest two-way trading partner and, in August, China became the world’s second-largest economy after the US.Leadership position in Africa Visiting China earlier this year, International Relations Minister Maite Nkoana- Mashabane announced that South Africa was lobbying China to become part of the global club of high-growth developing markets known as BRIC – Brazil, Russia, India and China. This underscores South Africa’s significance as a leader in Africa, a bridge between the industrialised and developing worlds. That the much smaller South African economy could join four mega-economies in BRIC reflects growing global investor interest in Africa, the last frontier of the global economy. With a population near 1-billion, Africa is the world’s third-largest market after China (1.3-billion) and India (1.1-billion) and is rich in mineral and natural resources.Shifting export priorities While South Africa aims to maintain its substantial trade and investment links with the US, Japan and the European Union, the reality is that these markets’ growth has been severely slowed by the global economic crisis. High-growth developing economies and the next tier of emerging markets – such as the Civets (Colombia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Egypt, Turkey and South Africa) – are likely to lead growth in the medium to long term, with slower growth in developed economies. At a UN conference in Beijing in September, Trade and Industry Minister Rob Davies said South Africa would prioritise China and India for exports as the two countries were now its biggest markets. He said “sluggish growth” in the US and the European Union, South Africa’s traditional trading partners, was a factor in shifting export priorities. Two-way trade between China and South Africa grew to US$16.8-billion (R116-billion) last year, according to South Africa’s Department of Trade and Industry, while South Africa’s exports to India reached $700-million (R4.8-billion) and imports totalled $280- million (R1.9-billion), in favour of South Africa.Looking to China Zuma’s statements during his China visit reflect this shift in trade. He said the country would look to China for investment in infrastructure projects such transport, renewable energy and mining, as well as in agriculture and car manufacturing. China’s pace of investment has been slow so far, but it has been strategic, paving the way for accelerated future investment. In 2007, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China bought 20% of South Africa’s Standard Bank for US$5-billion (R35-billion) – China’s largest foreign investment to date. China is currently in talks with South Africa’s government to build a $30-billion high-speed rail network between Durban and Johannesburg. The growing relationship with China is likely to both boost South Africa’s global trade and accelerate African development. Since Deng Xiaoping began opening its economy in 1979, China has lifted 400-million people out of poverty with growth close to 10% for more than 25 years. South Africa’s world-class financial sector and deep experience in African markets make it well- placed to lead similar miracle in Africa. John Battersby is UK country manager for the International Marketing Council of South Africa. This article was first published in South Africa Now, a six-page supplement to the Washington Post produced on behalf of Brand South Africa. Download South Africa Now (PDF, 2.12 MB). 15 October 2010 As the shift in global economic power gains momentum, South Africa’s trade is moving eastwards and southwards in a pattern that both reflects the worldwide trend and helps drive it.
A jump in tourists from Japan and the US helped boost international visitor numbers to a record 8.6 million in the year ending June 2019New figures from Tourism Research Australia showed the visitors spent more per night but opted for shorter trips than they did six years ago.They also indicated the shine has gone off visitor growth from former tourism poster child China.READ: Travelers from the Americas best as combining business and pleasure.The 3 percent international growth visitors arrive cashed up and spending growth rose 5 percent to $A44.6 billion.The average length of international trips has fallen by six nights over the last six years but spend per night increased by 26 percent from $A129 to $A163.TRA said the shift to short trips with greater daily spend was evident among visitors traveling for holiday, business and education but not for lower-cost visiting friends or relatives (VFR) or employment visits.Growth continued to be fuelled by education (up 5 percent) and holiday travel (up 4 percent).The spend by education visitors rose 8 percent to a record of $A12.7 billion, adding to a doubling in expenditure over five years.Spending by holiday visitors grew 6 percent to a high of $16.9 billion.The report described results for the top five tourism markets over the year as “mixed”.The number of Japanese visitors rose 9 percent to 445,000 and they spent 16 percent more to add $A2 billion to the economy.Australian Tourism Minister Simon Birmingham indicated this was expected to continue.“Several significant aviation developments in recent weeks, including the commencement of ANA’s direct Tokyo to Perth service last month, along with the allocation of two new slots to Australia out of Haneda airport, means we can expect to see this market continue on an upward trajectory,” he said.Birmingham also welcomed a solid 3 percent increase in visitors to 764,000, along with stronger growth in spending of 9 percent to a new high of $A4 billion.He described the US as “critically important” to Australian tourism and attributed the growth to one of the nation’s biggest ever marketing campaigns.“The Dundee campaign, which kicked off in February last year, sought to capitalize on the growing number of Americans traveling internationally by encouraging them to choose Australia as their next holiday destination,” he said.“We know Americans want to visit Australia, but our biggest challenge has always been to convert this interest into action and actually getting them on a plane headed for Australia.”However, the news was not as good for Australia’s biggest overseas markets, China and New Zealand.“Led by those visiting for education, spend for the China market grew 6 percent to $A11.9 billion,’’ the TRA report said.“However, visitor numbers were up just 1 percent to 1.3 million.“Growth for New Zealand was moderate, with visitors up 2 percent to 1.3 million, and spend up 1 percent to $A2.6 billion.”Another important market, the UK, continued to decline, with visitors down 4 percent to 674,000, and spend down 3 percent to $A3.4 billion.Markets with consistently high growth over the last three years included India (visitors up 53 percent), Canada (up 32 percent), Indonesia (up 32 percent) and Japan (up 27 percent).There was visitor growth in most states and territories, although Tasmania fell 2 percent and Queensland was flat.The Australian Capital territory posted the biggest percentage increase at 7 percent followed by Victoria and the Northern Territory, each at 4 percent.
Alfresco 3 Business Solutions Alfresco 3 Web Services Alfresco 3 Web Content Management Alfresco Enterprise ContentManagement Implementation Alfresco 3 Enterprise ContentManagement Implementation Alfresco Share Sorry this offer has expired! It was only valid during the weekend of September 28-30, 2012.Packt Publishing is celebrating the upcoming publication of it’s 1000th IT title. They’re inviting the IT community to join in their celebration by offering a free download of one of their titles over this upcoming weekend. You can check it out here.In a press release this week, Packt Publishing said that “Packt is certain that in its 1000 titles there is at least one book that everyone in IT will find useful right away, and are inviting anyone to choose and download any one of its eBooks for free over its celebration weekend of 28-30th Sep 2012. Packt is also opening its online library for a week for free to give customers an easy to way to research their choice of free eBook.”It would be a great time to pick up one of their Alfresco titles, or a title related to another software technology. Packt currently offers nine books related to Alfresco. Alfresco Developer Guide Alfresco 3 Records Management Alfresco 3 Cookbook